Friday, February 17, 2006

obtuse Triangle

Feb 14th 3:00 AM.
I was lying on my bed.Was not able to sleep.
Its been 6 months since i came into this room.And Anand was here for the past 1 yr.
He was one of the best room-mate that one could get.

Initialy i found difficult to adjust with him.Later we became close friends.Some how we were in sync with our thoughts.From Jothika's lip to Simran's hip.
I never thought this would impact my life deeply.

Rithika..the most beautiful lulu in the college.I liked her.
I believe she inturn liked me.But she spends equal time with Anand too.
Infact lot closer.
This traumatized me.Drove me to insanity.

One day he said
"Dai devil(thats what he calls me.i hate that)..you should have seen Rithika today..vow she looked gorgeous in that white skirt and purplish tops".
I just felt like kicking him hard.
He started liking her.I cannot imagine Rithika and Anand joining hands together.

I never wanted to discuss about her with him.And i decided to put an end to this vicious triangle.Which was too obtuse to handle for me.
I decided and confident to some extent to propose my wish on this valentines day.

....as these thoughts were rambling,slowly i went into a deep sleep..

Woke up and found it is 9 in the morning.."Its valentines day"
I dressed up,ofcourse in best of my attire..found that Anand was not there..rushed to college..

It was colorful everywhere..i could see every hand held a wonderful rose..it doesnt know where it is destined to.

I looked for Rithika she was not there.
"Where is Rithika" i asked.."She went with Anand.." was the reply
"What".
As i had always thought..i dont fit for these..love phenomenon.

Dropped the rose woefully and started to walk bluntly.

Suddenly a beautiful red rose egressed before me..It was Anand..and immediately he handed a card to me which read..

"Multiply it by infinity,and you'll still only have a glimpse of how much I love you"
Love u Devi
(My loveliest devil and a sweet room-mate).
Will u.


I smiled.It communicated millions of "Yes" to Anand.

Wishing and praying for you all that you continue to impress your loved one's.

20 comments:

neighbour said...

From Jothika's lip to Simran's hip... always thinging of this...

yella pasangalamua ippadi thaanae...

looked for Rithika she was not there.
"Where is Rithika" i asked.."She went with Anand.." was the reply
"What".

andha oru nimisam unga nanbarae ennavellam thitiruppenga...

Nice one man...

Kirukal said...

Love triangles are complicated illaya? Romba kashtam if you have to choose between true love and true friendship....nice post!!

logic said...

@neighbour and kirukal:
hmm i think u did misunderstood the underlying plot may be..

Kavitha Jay said...

nice twist in the end..devi(l)..lol
very sweetly expressed..:)...

dakaltiz said...

I bet no 1 reading this post would know abt this twist...
Good twist da..chinna hint koode ille..

Boy..really lovin ur stimulants da..Keep them coming..

Cmon Cmon Quick Quick !! ;)))

Kirukal said...

Seriyana bulb naanu!!! i did misunderstand the plot.....reading thru it again......I can't help but grin stupidly!!!
Btw sorry to make you think about your last day on earth!!

neighbour said...

I am confused by Devi(l)..

Anand and Devi(l) sharing sharing same room confused me a lot and misunderstood in a different manner...

Nice naration...

Shilpa said...

Nice twist...reminds me of O. Henry short stories...

KC! said...

enna solla vareenga, anand ungalai propose pannara illa did he bring you Rithika's card?? :( I think I missed some link...but I sure as hell have missed it

che sara sara said...

very beautifully written...
good twist...

logic said...

@nannu:
no iterations man..thanx for the comments dude.
@dakalti:
boy..that was a terrific comment.
Sure da..
@mystery:
thanx mam.
@neighbour and kirukal:
thanx for pinging again to explore it.
@shilpa:
hey thanx for the complement yaar.
@sophia:
thanx.
@usha:
sad that it didnt reach u..hmm do read it when u have time..

logic said...

@ammu..
thanx for the comments..my own story..every blog has some of my experiences hidden..will soon write a seperate one sure..

KC! said...

Sorry logic, I was thinking it was your experience and took the narrator to be a male..my bad. Good story and a nice twist.:)

Madhooo said...

I liked the mystery around this post.:) Keep up the good work.:))

logic said...

@usha:
hey yaar thanx for reading thro again..
@madhoo:
thnax madhoo.

kuttichuvaru said...

intha story tamil cinema kku rejected!! romba yosikka vekkuthu!!

nice story btw!! gud twist!!

Anonymous said...

Better than "Dost , Dost na raha, Pyar pyar na raha..." the famous song from Raj Kapoor's Sangam.

vishy said...

Nice twist ..but u are a bad director.. ippadi Rithika vukku jodi illama thaniya vittutingale..

logic said...

@kutti:
Ya tamil makaluku padam katrathunu summava..intelligent audience boss..difficult to satisfy them..
@hiren:
thanx for droppinin
@vishy:
amma correctu Rithika pavam illa..athu eppdai unnaku mattum eppadi thoniruku Mr.Vishy.

temppixie said...

Life is ful of little twists and turns, glad yours came out ok tho!