Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Santa is real.

Christmas eve and light drizzle...

Music was booming in my car and i was blazing on the left most lane.
Its 5 PM and i have to reach before the store close at 6 PM.

Rear view and side mirrors begin to glow together "Reddish orange bluish red".
Its natural for lights in the season but not on the freeway :(.
Looked back, a state Sheriff was behind me and i pulled over immediately.

In the idea of venting out my anger, as seen in movies, i started to bang my steering wheel and accidentally ended up pressing the honk.Ok now its clear that I am in a deep s***t.

Sheriff knocked my window as i lowered it
"Good evening sir" greeted Sheriff
"Hello Sir Mr Sheriff" said me
"Sir.Is there any reason that you were honking.Were you calling for any help ?" questioned Sheriff
"No Sir.It was by mistake.Sorry Sir Mr Sheriff" apologized me.
"Can you please handover your license and Insurance" requested Sheriff.And i followed the instruction as a nice good school boy listening to his angry literature teacher.

"Sir Do you know why i pulled you over" asked Sheriff
"Yes Sir Sheriff.I was speeding" said me
"Do you know how much over the limit you were speeding" asked him
"5 or may be 10 Sire"
"My instrument recorded that you were 15 miles above the limit and the penalty for that will be close to 200 $" clarified the Officer
"I really apologize for that Sir"

 Pause.

"Merry Christmas to you Sir" said me
"Merry Christmas to you too.May i ask you the reason for Speeding" asked Sheriff
"Sir I am rushing to the Toys Store as they close in an hour Sir" answered me
"Are you rushing to buy a gift" asked him.
"Yes Sir Mr Sheriff.Today early morning in the bed i heard my little one sleep talking and wishing for Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer toy to Santa.So i have to buy it tonight Sir, don't want to disappoint the little one and think that Santa is not real"
Smiled the Sheriff and said "Ok i need check few things and will be back" said he and went back to his vehicle

10 mins later

"Sir.Here is your Drivers License and Insurance" handed over The Officer
"Thank you Sir" smiled me
"How old is your little one" asked Sheriff
"5 Sir" said me smiling.
"I don't want to hold you anymore Sir, as the Toy store will close in 30 mins.And please remember to tell your little one that you got a gift worth of 200 $ from Christmas Santa dressed as a cop." Officer paused and smiled."Please treat this as a warning and drive safe"
I smiled and said "Thank you so much Sir, i will i make sure stay within the limits"

"Merry Christmas and tell your little one that Santa is for real" said the Officer as he waved me good-bye

Yes i cannot disagree that anymore.




10 comments:

Sandhya said...

Enjoyed reading this story! Very well narrated. Who knows? Maybe, Santa is real!

Lux G. said...

Aw. Such a heartwarming story. I've read that it is good for children to believe in Santa in a certain age because it makes them more creative and imaginative. Kudos to that officer in the story.

Enjoy the holidays!

Red Handed said...

BEST COP EVER!!!!
This was lovely.

radha said...

Nice story. I would believe in Santa too, if that had happened to me.

logic said...

Thanks all for dropping by

deeps said...

now that sounds so very real..

happy holidays...

Rupasi said...

Merry Christmas :)
and A Happy New Year :)

ashok said...

Hey..good to see u again in blogosphere...have a great new year

Unknown said...

T'was really so sweet..
Loved it...♥

dakaltiz said...

quite late to the party machi...a nice one ahead of Christmas that depicts the spirit of the season where kindness, generosity reaches the peak for humanity :) Good One da! And yes, the expression on the little one's face in getting the gift she wanted is priceless! I believe you experienced it first hand!